Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Q & A Blog

Greetings to all,
I am currently sitting in my art history class, I should be listening to the lecture, but I'm suffering the internet. Various fans have sent me questions to anwser on Facebook & Myspace, so I am dedicating this blog to anwsering them! Enjoy, and if you have any additional questions feel free to ask.





As far as relatively reasonably priced cameras go, what would you recommend?
I started out with a canon XTI rebel, 10 MP and deffintely suits the beginner level. Canon recently created the XSI rebel, 12 MP which is a nice upgrade from the XTI. I deffintely recommend it. If you are looking to step it up a level from the beginner status I would go with the Canon 50D or 7D. Just remember its not the camera that makes the images, its the person. Cameras only provide quality. I provided a sample image on the left, that I shot with my XTI


Who would be your dream model to work with?
This is such a tough question, there are so many amazingly stunning models in the fashion industry at the moment. However I will have to say for the female model, Gemma Ward and as for the male Michael Freeby, hands down.

What photo editing software do you use? and what are your favorite tools on the program? I am currently using photoshop CS3 & CS4, my favorite features include the clone tool, levels, and actions.

Do you use lightroom? I have used it on a few different occasions, but personally I'm not a fan of it.

What advice would you have for a student entering the professional industry? Well, considering I am a student myself the best advice I can give you is network. Social networking websites such as facebook, flickr, deviant art, myspace, model mayhem, etc. provide excellent ways to gain additional work for your business, and truly excels in promoting your name. Marketing is key ingrediant to your sucess, so why not take advantage of it, if it is free?

No comments: